Half Hull Model, “S.S. Moravian”
English, mid 19th c.
Mahogany plaque, pine.
Excellent condition, the hull retains the original painted surface.
S.S. Moravian was built by Robert Steele and Company in 1864 at Greenock. The ship was part of the Allan Line operating out of Liverpool, England. The maiden voyage in 1864 was from Liverpool to Portland, Maine. The Moravian ship wrecked near Cape Sable off Nova Scotia in 1881.
Dimensions: 18" x 96"
Item ID: FA-C/E-WDCRVG 304